Rinne could be had....

Don't be shy to post which players are available and for what price...or you can post what you are looking for and invite offers!

Re: Rinne could be had....

Postby Chris_Savard on July 24th, 2012, 12:10 am

Chris_Savard wrote:Chris, glad you read this thread above. There must be a two for one sale on magic crystal balls somewhere.
WTF, I post a player available for trade and he gets critiqued up the Ass. Don't know what to say....seriously disappointed here. I never asked for anyone's opinions. Leave it alone.

signed,
not happy

Dear Not Happy....this is a Fantasy Hockey Forum. A place where people exchange opinions on hockey related items. I dont think anybody took any personal shots at you and simply were providing an opinion on player. The sun will come up tomorrow and you will still have a birthday this year.
Chris_Savard

Postby Jacob Dionne on July 24th, 2012, 9:53 pm

Hey,

Weber signed!

Let all kiss and make up.
Jacob Dionne

Postby Josh Graham on July 25th, 2012, 8:08 pm

Dear Not Happy....this is a Fantasy Hockey Forum. A place where people exchange opinions on hockey related items..

[color=#BF0000]On hockey related items - fine. On a hockey player's fantasy value in a TRADE FORUM - not fine. If I wanted advice on Rinne's value, I would have posted it in the general discussion forum. In my 2+ years with the CFHL I don't remember seeing another GM's player being assessed in the trade forum in a negative light.

A potential Rinne trade was just snuffed out when another GM read this thread; he admitted to being reluctant on taking on Rinne. Does me a lot of good eh??!?!?

I think Chris, if the shoe was on the other foot, you'd think differently about this.

Another GM feels, like me, that there was no need for those Rinne comments in the trade forum.

Perhaps I'm better served sending trade offers individually vs. announcing it to the masses.

Perhaps delete this thread entirely as it isin't helping me right now.

Still love the site, league and GMs, but disappointed is all.
[/color]
Josh Graham

Postby Glenn_Austen on July 25th, 2012, 10:26 pm

Hey Josh, relax - perhaps if you had just put him on the trading block rather than giving a spiel about what he did last year I would not have responded as I did with a rejoinder to your "ad" (Rinne is a great goalie yes but his upside was dimmed somewhat considering the adverse circumstances Nashville was facing - which are admittedly much better now with Poile's decision to match the Weber offer).

To reiterate, put a guy on the block, no problem, but when you include in your post a lengthy sales pitch (to which I am certainly no stranger in one on one negotiations) that is perhaps best suited to individual offers you open yourself up to "outsider" comment - like them or not.

Hopefully no hard feelings - that was not my intent, and is not now.

I am pretty sure that no GMs in the CFHL needed my saying so to deduce that Suter leaving would not do Rinne any favors, just as they will not need to hear it from me to figure that Webers return is a positive.

We are all big boys here - take a little good-natured guff and fun debate in the spirit with which it was intended and lets move on!

Glenn (X-Men)
Glenn_Austen

Postby Jacob Dionne on July 25th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Is this the "lengthy sales pitch" you were referring to?

In no rush to move him, happy to hold onto the 114pt goalie. He will garner 72+ starts this year.

Just wondering where you see a lengthy sales pitch?

Any way this stems back to Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:15 pm (see trade post)? Sorry, I just thought it was kind of funny. Not trying to start anything and not quite the same thing ... ;)
Jacob Dionne

Postby Glenn_Austen on July 25th, 2012, 11:12 pm

:D That was pretty funny! OK - so his pitch was not really that lengthy when I went back to look at it, and no, I was not trying to get him back - my memory is not even close to being that good!
I wish it were though!

;)

Josh - Cheers - For the record, I "Rinne-eg" on my earlier comments! I hope you find a multitude of "Sutors" for your extra goalie!

and Josh - don't be so sensitive - they are only my opinions - I have been wrong plenty of times - I once cut Danel Sedin! Shows you what I know!

Glenn
Glenn_Austen

Postby Chris_Savard on July 25th, 2012, 11:46 pm

This was posted on July 21, 2012...
Josh Graham wrote:opinions on a player's fantasy value, should not be placed in the trade forum, where a GM has elected to seek positive attention for that player.

This was posted on November 16, 2011 in response to the Xmen ad about Zidlicky....
Josh Graham wrote:Zidlicky was knocked out of his last game....check injury database, head issues!!!! Glenn, who else you got in mind??

Both posted in the Trading Block. Josh, I didnt find your November post offensive or out of line, nor do I think what Glenn or I said about Rinne was out of line either. This is a forum and clearly you agree that it is appropriate to provide opinion on a player's value.

As it turns out, the other GMs in this league are big boys and can form their own opinion and certainly dont give a rats ass about Glenn's or my opinion. And despite your comment in November, the Spartans saw fit to forego your advice to move on to the next player and made a deal for Zidlicky.

Josh, my long-winded point in this posting is to prove that there was no harm and no foul committed with respect to Rinne. Your November post was made with no mal-intent, nor were the ones here. Its time to lighten up a little and relax.
Last edited by Chris_Savard on July 25th, 2012, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris_Savard

Postby Chris_Savard on July 25th, 2012, 11:53 pm

Jacob Dionne wrote:Any way this stems back to Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:15 pm (see trade post)? Sorry, I just thought it was kind of funny. Not trying to start anything and not quite the same thing ... ;)

Too funny....you noticed it too! I hadnt seen this until after my posting above! LOL
Chris_Savard

Postby Chris_Savard on July 25th, 2012, 11:55 pm

Glenn Austen wrote:and Josh - don't be so sensitive - they are only my opinions - I have been wrong plenty of times - I once cut Danel Sedin! Shows you what I know!

And you forgot to mention you are the only GM in the history of both leagues to trade some kid from NS who wears 87. LOL

We have all done deals that we regret....I know I have!
Chris_Savard

Postby Bubbah Smith on July 28th, 2012, 4:56 pm

Dear Not Happy....this is a Fantasy Hockey Forum. A place where people exchange opinions on hockey related items..

On hockey related items - fine. On a hockey player's fantasy value in a TRADE FORUM - not fine. If I wanted advice on Rinne's value, I would have posted it in the general discussion forum. In my 2+ years with the CFHL I don't remember seeing another GM's player being assessed in the trade forum in a negative light.

A potential Rinne trade was just snuffed out when another GM read this thread; he admitted to being reluctant on taking on Rinne. Does me a lot of good eh??!?!?

I call bullshit... If another GM is that stupid to turn down Rinne based on some opinions in a fantasy forum in Cornwall, Ont perhaps he should be in some other Fantasy world .

I think Chris, if the shoe was on the other foot, you'd think differently about this.

Another GM feels, like me, that there was no need for those Rinne comments in the trade forum.

Not hard to guess who the * other * GM is...LOL

Perhaps I'm better served sending trade offers individually vs. announcing it to the masses.

That's what we've been doing for years !! Quit trying to change things to suit you & Jacob. If you put a player on the chopping block you think everyone is gonna say " What a stud, he's a franchise player... How Much !!! " $ 20.00 says if Crosby gets put out as * could be had * 1st thing that gets called out is his Melon

Perhaps delete this thread entirely as it isin't helping me right now.

Grow up. You started the thread to try & unload a goalie & then proceeded to tell everyone who commented that they weren't commenting in your favour & it wasn't what you wanted to hear/read !!! and then expect Chris to delete the the thread because it's not going your way ?? That's laughable.. & dare I say immature. Consider yourself lucky that you haven't been told to leave with your pissy attitude. Maybe start your own pool & run shit the way you want..

Still love the site, league and GMs, but disappointed is all.

Some of us that have been here for a while are pretty * disappointed * in what's transpired in this thread... If it was up to me....
Last edited by Bubbah Smith on July 29th, 2012, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bubbah Smith

PreviousNext

Return to CFHL Trading Block