Rinne could be had....

Don't be shy to post which players are available and for what price...or you can post what you are looking for and invite offers!

Rinne could be had....

Postby Josh Graham on July 13th, 2012, 9:52 pm

...for the right price.

Looking for stud winger/stud dman

In no rush to move him, happy to hold onto the 114pt goalie. He will garner 72+ starts this year.

IF interested, email email email

jag77@live.ca
Josh Graham

Re: Rinne could be had....

Postby Glenn_Austen on July 19th, 2012, 10:38 pm

With Suter and Weber both gone, I sure that opposing snipers are thinking that very thing - Rinne can be had. If our league focussed on GAA, no problem, but I think Mr Rinne's win totals (and therefore his status as a top CFHL fantasy goalie) are about to take a huge hit.

Just think how the real-life Nashville GM David Poile feels - I hope Rinne likes rubber, because he is going to see an awful lot of it!

Sorry Josh!
Glenn_Austen

Postby Josh Graham on July 20th, 2012, 3:10 pm

Glenn, you spend far too many hours looking into that cyrstal ball of yours. Now I could steer you to some online discussions on Rinne (some say he'll be just fine BECAUSE HE IS ELITE and won't somehow forget to stop a puck), but I know you like to make your own "chicken little, the sky is falling" predictions and spout them off.

Please don't hijack a trade forum thread and spread misleading knowledge and/or opinions. :twisted: That can be written in the general discussion forum. IMO steering other's opinions on a possible trade that does not apply to you is a no no in by books. If you'd like to share you thoughts on Rinne and his apparent downfall please email me; you have the address.

I know you likely don't mean any harm by doing so, but the comments just weren't appropriate here at this time. :twisted:

Let the other GMs make up their own decisions without reading IMO a biased opinion. I'll look fwd to a Lundy vs Rinne match this year. I also have Schneider, so the sky isin't falling in highlanderville...cheers
Josh Graham

Postby Josh Graham on July 20th, 2012, 3:29 pm

Glenn baby, this one is for you......now watch closely and tell me what % of these saves are made when Suter and Weber (usually standing around) are on the bench????? that's your homework.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqKOn3bs ... re=related
Josh Graham

Postby Glenn_Austen on July 20th, 2012, 7:14 pm

I think I hit a nerve! :)

Didn't say he was not a great goalie bud, but I think I was stating the obvious rather than "highjacking a thread". In my defense, I don't think I said anything that our very astute fellow owners were not already aware of. The title of the thread just struck me as funny, and I responded - no harm intended.

If Lundquivst lost McDonaugh or Thomas/Rask lost Chara their win totals would suffer too - losing BOTH Suter and Weber is not going to make Rinne a bad goalie, far from it, but his win totals, and that of the entire team should take a big hit - it is not really fair that the means by which we measure goalie fantasy success - wins - determines their fantasy value (just ask Carey Price) but that is the way it is. I actually love both Rinne and Price as goalies - just not their current fantasy situations.

I do understand your point though, and will enter future such thoughts (if any) in another thread.
Glenn_Austen

Postby Glenn_Austen on July 21st, 2012, 11:10 am

Well, I did my homework.

Per todays ramblings:

The big question on many people’s minds – how does Pekka Rinne’s value get affected if Weber doesn’t return to Nashville? I think the Predators simply have to find a way to match this offer sheet, although I am not privy to their financials.

Right now, Rinne is the second or third best goalie in the league. However, with no Suter and potentially no Weber playing 25+ minutes a night in front of him anymore, his value will drop – quite a bit.

Last year, Suter and Weber both excelled playing extremely tough minutes. Nashville’s other defensemen all struggled in lesser roles. Rinne is too good to have his value completely dependent on two defensemen, but no other team relied on a defensive pairing as much as the Predators did on Weber and Suter.

Just sayin
Glenn_Austen

Postby Josh Graham on July 21st, 2012, 9:11 pm

From a hockey forum that I like to read.....

"Did the thought ever occur to anyone that perhaps Rinne was the reason Weber and Suter had good plus minuses last season?

Pekka Rinne took the MOST SHOTS of any goaltender in the NHL in 2011-2012 with 2153.

Lets put this into perspective. Steve Mason of the Columbus Blue Jackets (the worst team in the league with the most anemic defense) took 1355 shots last season in 46 games. That averages out to 29 shots per game against. Rated over a 73 game season just like Rinne, Mason takes about 2150 shots. I mean Jonas Hiller took less shots last year in the exact same number of games and Anaheim didn't exactly have 200 million dollars on their blue line last year.

My point is that statistically speaking, IF Weber and Sutter we're such incredible defensive contributors, then you should expect Rinne's shot total to balloon tremendously over the course of next season.

Conversely, it's also possible that Rinne continues his good play and Sutter/Weber are exposed more defensively on their new teams. (Assuming Nashville doesn't match the OS) "

Appreciate the feedback Glenn. IMO it's far too early to judge or make predictions on Rinne's wins for next season. We can speculate till the cows come home. I think some in the hockey world are putting far too much emphasis on the departure of these 2 defencemen as it would relate Rinne's fantasy's downfall. Do I like the situation he's in....no, but I'm honestly not that stressed about it.

Any thoughts from the other Rinne owners???? Glenn, glad you agree that opinions on a player's fantasy value, should not be placed in the trade forum, where a GM has elected to seek positive attention for that player. I know the other GMs are smart as whips, but I want them to make judgements for themselves.

Now let's move on......
Josh Graham

Postby Jacob Dionne on July 22nd, 2012, 1:26 am

Enjoyed the back-and-forth boys...

My bold prediction:

If Weber signs then Bryzgalov beats both your goalies.

Rinne --> very young D in front
Lundy --> curse of the "Irish"

Let the games begin :D
Jacob Dionne

Postby Chris_Savard on July 23rd, 2012, 4:59 pm

Glenn Austen wrote:With Suter and Weber both gone, I sure that opposing snipers are thinking that very thing - Rinne can be had. If our league focussed on GAA, no problem, but I think Mr Rinne's win totals (and therefore his status as a top CFHL fantasy goalie) are about to take a huge hit.

Just think how the real-life Nashville GM David Poile feels - I hope Rinne likes rubber, because he is going to see an awful lot of it!

Sorry Josh!

Sorry Josh...thought pretty much the same thing as Glen when I read your Subject Line. My guess Rinne's CFHL numbers are going south and not north. I will second GM Austen's motion.
Chris_Savard

Postby Josh Graham on July 23rd, 2012, 5:57 pm

Josh Graham wrote: that opinions on a player's fantasy value, should not be placed in the trade forum, where a GM has elected to seek positive attention for that player. I know the other GMs are smart as whips, but I want them to make judgements for themselves.

Now let's move on......

Chris, glad you read this thread above. There must be a two for one sale on magic crystal balls somewhere.
WTF, I post a player available for trade and he gets critiqued up the Ass. Don't know what to say....seriously disappointed here. I never asked for anyone's opinions. Leave it alone.

signed,
not happy
Josh Graham

Next

Return to CFHL Trading Block