1st overall I would have picked...

This forum is for general postings related to the Cornwall Fantasy Hockey League.

1st overall I would have picked...

Postby Richard_Tardiff on October 12th, 2021, 9:28 am

Hey everyone,

The draft this year had no clear cut player to take first overall so I thought I'd toss out the question to anyone interested in posting who they would have taken. So share your thoughts on who you would have taken 1st overall.

Here's my experience:

I flipped and flopped over my pick for the last month and agonised the last week. I eagerly had a look at the Red Wings roster cuts this morning to see if Raymond made the team out of camp. Phewww...relief to see he did.

Newhook was a guy I had considered 2 weeks ago and I got him in the 3rd round, so glad I didn't take him first...

Rossi was my pick since around the start of September but his preseason production...or lack thereof...scared me off. He looks like a lock to be a great player but at first overall you want him NOW too!

There were a few vets that were interesting but I never really considered them.

Cap Friendly currently shows Raymond on the top line with Larkin/Bertuzzi...it may be Detroit but it's still first line...if he sticks there it could be a Calder trophy in the making!
Richard_Tardiff

Re: 1st overall I would have picked...

Postby Jacob Dionne on October 19th, 2021, 1:17 pm

Spencer Knight?
Jacob Dionne

Re: 1st overall I would have picked...

Postby Chris_Savard on October 20th, 2021, 8:16 pm

You protected Spencer Knight, so that wasn't an option.

When there is no clear cut number one (ie McDavid) - I think it depends on player preference and positional need.

Over time, Raymond, Newhook and Rossi are going to be good. You got two out of three. Plus some other great prospects.

We all value players differently. I was happy to get Hart at 14 overall and Karlsson at 89. Its only 3 games in, but so far i am not unhappy with Bertuzzi at 281. He even scored four goals in a game without a "shot"

You did good Ricky!
Chris_Savard

Return to CFHL General Discussion