Proposal - Change to Waiver Drafts

This forum is for general postings related to the Cornwall Fantasy Hockey League.

Re: Proposal - Change to Waiver Drafts

Postby Richard_Tardiff on November 6th, 2018, 11:35 am

Cow Pucks vote in alignment with the league statistician--Constitutional and yes to change.

I will also add that I am NOT influenced by the fact I own an extra waiver pick from trading this summer. My influence comes from the fact that I admin another pool and spend 30-60 minutes per day on that one and, while now infrequently, I used to help input stats on weekends in this one.

If someone who spends their FREE time doing admin so we can all enjoy the pool then that person carries more weight than a single vote. Chris doesn't really need to ask us, as the one doing the work he could tell us what he's willing to do.

I'm not voting for/against anything specific, I'm voting for an easier task for Chris.

We're not talking about a major change here like goals are worth 2 and assists 0.5, we're simply no longer dropping a player at waivers. Not big enough in my mind to justify asking Chris to handle more admin even if it's due to some poor decisions by a GM drafting.

Last year I made a mistake drafting and had to trade Brock Boeser for a goalie of no consequence because I disagreed with the addition of a September waiver. That was a one-off so my opinion carried with me. This is now about the amount of admin Chris has...call it constitutional or whatever you want, bottom line is who takes the admin if Chris has had enough?

I almost shutdown my other pool this year because the admin coupled with a new job and some family issues just left me no time for anything. I had a few members of that pool step up and volunteer to help me out and I GREATLY appreciate the help.

If this will make Chris' life easier as admin, I'm all for it.

Would I have changed summer trades knowing we would do this...absolutely! I would not have traded my O-waiver pick for one, I don't like dropping a player so early so I traded it. Now we don't drop a player so my reason to trade it is gone. Shit happens.

Whatever the outcome, one thing that is established is that the constitution is out of date and needs some work. I have created a thread for volunteers to review it and a timeline.

Chris, you don't need to be in on that, others can pick up some slack here, while you review a final product before it goes to the league for a vote.

Getting off my soapbox now. Apologies if that seemed like a rant.
Last edited by Richard_Tardiff on November 6th, 2018, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard_Tardiff

Postby D'Arcy O'Connell on November 6th, 2018, 12:07 pm

I agree Rick - I vote to make life easier
Image Image
D'Arcy O'Connell

Postby Terry Turcotte on November 6th, 2018, 1:55 pm

I agree also.. would like to have seen it implemented next season to make it very simple/easier... but definitely think it is needed..
Vote is for constitutional!!! LoL
Terry Turcotte

Postby Terry Turcotte on November 6th, 2018, 1:57 pm

I also vote to give the “statistician” a pay raise!!!
Terry Turcotte

Postby Dean Eastman on November 6th, 2018, 7:26 pm

ice Men vote that it was constitutional.

i think we should organize a summer meeting. pick a specific weekend and organize a golf outing or something similar that we have the day to get together over a few brooskies, talk about life and talk hockey trades....

just my .02

i would fly in from whitby :)

cheers...
me
Dean Eastman

Postby John Baird on November 7th, 2018, 4:17 am

I apologize to being late to the party. I am in this for fun and to keep my interest in hockey going. I support making the league enjoyable for all, but especially for Chris and his helpers who work so that it will continue.
Changes are always difficult and all issues cannot be seen when policies such as adding the minors are attempted and quite often when you have varied and new participants from all parts of the country attempting things new, not all nuances are understood , therefore I vote to make life easier for league management and team owners so that I and they can continue to see this league thrive into the future.
John Baird

Postby Jacob Dionne on November 7th, 2018, 10:43 pm

I vote yes to both.
Jacob Dionne

Postby Greg_Nolan on November 8th, 2018, 1:08 pm

Would have liked to see it next season but in the end I see it as Constitutional
Greg_Nolan

Postby Randy Houle on November 8th, 2018, 1:37 pm

Constitutional Lets move forward!

Randy
Randy Houle

Postby Matt_McKenzie on November 8th, 2018, 1:48 pm

Vote constitutional
Matt_McKenzie

PreviousNext

Return to CFHL General Discussion