Proposal - Change to Waiver Drafts

This forum is for general postings related to the Cornwall Fantasy Hockey League.

Re: Proposal - Change to Waiver Drafts

Postby Chris_Savard on November 5th, 2018, 9:28 pm

Bulldogs vote that the proposal was constitutional
Chris_Savard

Postby Joe Raso on November 5th, 2018, 9:32 pm

Spartans are in favour. Good job putting this together. A good solution
Joe Raso

Postby Scott Rogers on November 5th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Nothing like a constitutional debate to slow down progress...HELLO U.S. 2ND AMENDMENT!!.... i vote in favour of whatever makes it easier to dress proper lineups, makes it easier to make trades, everyone’s life easier...for this to happen ASAP....I have lost track of what a yes or no vote means now....but I am sorry I stirred up this constitutional crisis with a simple point of fact that we have fewer players to make the minors (which I am glad is back btw) work compared to when we had the minors as part of the league several years ago....sigh
Scott Rogers

Postby Joe Raso on November 5th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Hey I do it know what I am voting on, but I like the original proposal, and since we have a history of overlooking that summer rule change clause, I vote to allow this one, I hope this is clear enough for you to place my vote in the right box
Joe Raso

Postby Angus_MacDonald on November 5th, 2018, 11:42 pm

Wave vote unconstitutional
Angus_MacDonald

Postby Rob_Soria on November 6th, 2018, 12:11 am

Again, not a fan of the switch being made in season but would not agree with the proposal being unconstitutional.
Rob_Soria

Postby Bubbah Smith on November 6th, 2018, 6:59 am

Mission vote constitutional
Bubbah Smith

Postby Glenn_Austen on November 6th, 2018, 9:45 am

X-Men vote that the proposed changes are within the constitution.

I too respect all of the opinions expressed so far. I do have to add though, that this is not about providing a competitive advantage for any team, but rather, for the purpose of facilitating league play, which had faced unintentional challenges due to the re-introduction of the minors with smaller rosters than existed previously. Whenever a league structure is modified, as was the case when the minors were reinstated, sometimes a corresponding adaptation is required as a means of addressing an unanticipated resulting issue. While Mark (and a few others) were wise to draft with these challenges in mind, others were not as fortunate, perhaps due to reasons beyond their control (such as a lack of draft picks).

Mark is correct when he points out that changes such as these should ideally be made in the off-season, however, I do not see the issue as a direct challenge to the constitution, and cast my vote accordingly.

Provided that the constitutional challenge fails, I suggest that we leave the players dropped in the October waiver period as dropped - no one expected to get them back. Moving forward though, we will all have the same understanding regarding remaining waiver periods, and can draft accordingly.

Finally, I would ask everyone to remember that this is a FUN league - Chris does not need any more challenges to "brighten his day" - hopefully we can all just find a way to figure it out and move forward without making his life any more complicated than it has to be.
Glenn_Austen

Postby Bubbah Smith on November 6th, 2018, 10:54 am

Amen Glenn !!

Especially on Chris’s behalf
Bubbah Smith

Postby Mark Des Cotes on November 6th, 2018, 11:08 am

The Arrows, who voted under a similar constitutional proposal to allow the return of the minors, have now challenged this proposal to tweak the roster limits. They are within their rights, even though I can’t follow their inconsistent logic. Before the main proposal can be considered we should first consider the challenge

Yes, the proposal to bring back the minors was introduced in April, during the season, but it was for bringing the minors back for the following season. Not to start them right away mid-season.

I've already stated that I like the current proposal. I just don't like implementing it while the season is in play. I'd vote yes to it right now to introduce it for the 2019-2020 season.

I know we're all in this to have fun and I don't mean to be the joy buster I'm being made out to be. I just strongly believe the constitution should not be altered mid-season.

With that said. I will gladly abide by the majority rule regardless of the outcome.
Mark Des Cotes

PreviousNext

Return to CFHL General Discussion