November Waiver

This forum is for general postings related to the Cornwall Fantasy Hockey League.

Re: November Waiver

Postby Chris_Savard on December 4th, 2017, 5:32 pm

D'Arcy O'Connell wrote:FYI:
Zappers picked Marchessault - he's no longer available...

This error is on me. I had checked off that the Zappers had picked but must have forgot to move him onto the roster.

The Crusaders already had Marchessault. With the first pick, the Zappers took Marchessault. The Cow Pucks at 21, saw him on the list and chose him. I put him on the Cow Pucks roster, but he should have already been gone.

Good news is the Cow Pucks picked 3rd last and 2nd last - with the Irish picking dead last. The Irish picked Nilsson from VAN and that is fine as there were two of them.

THE FIX - I will move Marchessault to the Zappers line-up and the Cow Pucks can pick again. They are not disadvantaged as Marchessault technically was not there to begin with. No other picks after were affected. Sorry RICK. You are up again.
Chris_Savard

Postby Richard_Tardiff on December 4th, 2017, 6:43 pm

Oh well...

I fixed my big team roster (took Marchessault out). Please put ANA-C Henrique in the minors please.

Don't sweat the error, they happen. Look on the bright side...this one is easy to correct!!!
Richard_Tardiff

Postby Scott Rogers on December 5th, 2017, 1:07 am

I am not sure that’s right...does Mete count as a pick? Cuz that ain’t good...lol. I don’t think that math works...I had 4 picks...dropped two guys...traded two picks...only got to select one player. If the trade was made at any other time, it would have been two assets for one asset..but because it was made during the waiver draft it somehow becomes two assets for two assets...the pick I traded and the pick I lose??
Scott Rogers

Postby Chris_Savard on December 5th, 2017, 10:43 am

Scott Rogers wrote:I am not sure that’s right...does Mete count as a pick? Cuz that ain’t good...lol. I don’t think that math works...I had 4 picks...dropped two guys...traded two picks...only got to select one player. If the trade was made at any other time, it would have been two assets for one asset..but because it was made during the waiver draft it somehow becomes two assets for two assets...the pick I traded and the pick I lose??

Not trying to be difficult, trying to be fair.

To me it is the same as any other waiver pick. Participation in the Waiver draft is optional and to participate you must drop a player by the drop deadline. In your case, you chose to participate with 2 of your 4 at the drop deadline. One you used to pick Larkin and you traded the other one.

I guess the other way to look at it - Team A chooses not to drop a player and ultimately is not in the waiver draft. As such, Team A shouldn't be allowed to change their mind once the draft starts and jump back in. Make sense?
Chris_Savard

Postby Scott Rogers on December 5th, 2017, 11:10 am

I get it...but that was never my intention. If you recall, I thought I only had three picks. I only dropped two players because I was working on a deal with Terry, that never happened. Then you corrected the number of picks I had...by that time Dean was making an offer. Then you came along with an offer. So, in my mind I had dropped two players, which would allow me to make two selections. I wasn’t trying to circumvent the system...the math seemed pretty simple in my head. My other challenge was I was off line for much of last week as I was moving into my new house. I hope that better explains my situation. Again, I am not asking for the Cow Pucks to pull back picks...it was an unusual situation and I am more than willing to have my pick be at the end of the waiver draft, as the player I wanted all along is still sitting on the board. On the road to Toronto today, I will check your response when I get to my hotel. I appreciate everyone’s consideration on this.
Scott Rogers

Previous

Return to CFHL General Discussion