Potential Changes to the Waiver Draft Procedure

This forum is for general postings related to the Cornwall Fantasy Hockey League.

Re: Potential Changes to the Waiver Draft Procedure

Postby Terry Turcotte on November 2nd, 2015, 3:37 pm

Outlaws vote for option #2..
Terry Turcotte

Postby David_Murphy on November 2nd, 2015, 4:32 pm

Moonheads vote for Option #2.
David_Murphy

Postby Glenn_Austen on November 2nd, 2015, 4:39 pm

While I like the idea of getting the draft done all in one shot, I think that might be tough by times and carry with it a new monthly timeline stressor.
I vote for option 2 - I would love to think that all owners are checking at least once or twice per day to see if it is their pick so we are not days between picks - should not be that hard to do. No way this should take us a week to complete if owners are checking regularly and/or responding to email notification promptly.
I also think that if you miss making your pick within the 3 hour timeframe you should go to the back of the line.
Glenn_Austen

Postby Joe Raso on November 2nd, 2015, 5:47 pm

My answer is why are we only given 2 options. You have already decided to change it. Do we have to change things right now. Both of these options have good and bad points. We do not have to rush into anything. I am voting to honor the constitution, and put this on the table at a later date.
Joe Raso

Postby Chris_Savard on November 2nd, 2015, 5:58 pm

Joe Raso wrote:My answer is why are we only given 2 options. You have already decided to change it. Do we have to change things right now. Both of these options have good and bad points. We do not have to rush into anything. I am voting to honor the constitution, and put this on the table at a later date.

your vote is recorded
Chris_Savard

Postby Scott Rogers on November 2nd, 2015, 8:05 pm

Raiders vote for Option #2....however there are days when, due to my job, I am not checking personal emails until later in the evening. I don't have a problem with the draft skipping by me, but I don't think me or anyone else should be punished because the job that pays their mortgage at times keeps them from a hockey pool for a day....even if they know it's waiver draft week. Life and work, unfortunately, gets in the way sometimes. I think if I miss my pick, I should be able to jump in at any time after my pick and make my selection and not have to wait until the end. I am also okay with implementing this change to the draft for next month's waiver bonanza.
Scott Rogers

Postby D'Arcy O'Connell on November 2nd, 2015, 8:08 pm

I vote for option #2, although I think a timeline will be tough to implement since gms are in different time zones!
Image Image
D'Arcy O'Connell

Postby Josh Graham on November 2nd, 2015, 9:38 pm

highlanders are fine with the way it is, so i guess that's vote #2. the process has been much faster than in year's past. i like the time limit idea, but i'm not sure at this point it's necessary. what is key is to let someone else know that you will be away for an extended time frame or give chris a list of players you'd like to select in order etc etc....pick is made, we move on.....

for the espn keeper i'm in (as too is jake and pat), we are allowed up to 8 waiver picks per year. it can be done at anytime...once you've maxed out your 8 waivers you can make trades for others if need be......i've already made three drops and 3 waiver pick ups, all at the click of a mouse, without anyone knowing......no waiting, no worries......so.....is this a process we could one day add to the system where.....

-we are given up to 6 waiver picks (W,W,W,W,W, W under our draft picks...)
-in submit lineup page OR just on your roster page, a new column called 'drop' is added ....click drop and confirm he's off your team..he goes BACK in the mix
-under free agent list (c, d, rw etc), find a player you like and click 'add to roster' button....player is added and off the free agent list and added to your squad
-again, for every pickup you need to make one drop...just as it is.....
-you only have 6 to be used anytime of year.....
-for each pick up, the system automatically takes one of your waivers away.....
-don't burn through them too early, in case of injuries later in year
-run out of waivers, trade for more via players or draft picks
-drops and picks can be made 24-7, doesn't matter when....3 days in, or 3 months in..u choose

-guess any downsides would be you need to stay a wee bit more 'active' and watch the league/emergence of new talent or guys making a quick start.....early bird gets the worm.....and make quick decisions as to when you should use the waiver.....now or later
-upsides........if possible via chris' computer wizardry....no waiting, no chain emails....no 'your ups'...no waiting till month's end to make a move if a player is injured or burning you in the score sheets....dump him and move on...

-this month i would have dropped say zadorov and ceci early, and looked for 2 new adds...2 waivers used!

-there could be a rule in place about when you drop a player, can u pick him up again down the road etc...or not?

anyways food for thought......trust me, with the espn league, it is super super easy to do...5-6 on computer, and you're gone.....that is if it can be done.....

would this create an environment of 'stacking' a team with early waivers? perhaps, but you are limited to how many you have, and there are 2 of each player available to help spread the wealth....

good luck to all teams this week
i vote for #2 as it stands now
Josh
Josh Graham

Postby Jacob Dionne on November 3rd, 2015, 12:09 am

I will follow that with...

Option #2
Jacob Dionne

Postby Angus_MacDonald on November 4th, 2015, 2:20 am

Wave vote for #2, with consideration given to time zones (I'm in Pacific Time Zone). I suggest consideration also be given to supplement email with a text message, because if a GM isn't/can't check email, how does a GM know the clock has started ticking?
Angus_MacDonald

PreviousNext

Return to CFHL General Discussion