March Waiver draft

This forum is for general postings related to the Cornwall Fantasy Hockey League.

Re: March Waiver draft

Postby John Parisien on April 7th, 2014, 7:06 am

Melonheads chose Troy Brouwer.
John Parisien

Postby Jacob Dionne on April 7th, 2014, 8:43 am

Grumpy's select D - Ryan Murray

Highlanders select RW - Charlie Coyle (Chris can you dress Coyle for Josh this week please).
Jacob Dionne

Postby Mark Des Cotes on April 7th, 2014, 9:59 am

I'm jumping ahead and submitting my pick before the Beast since there are still two of this player still available. Marksmen re-pick LW Alex Tanguay who I dropped last month.
Mark Des Cotes

Postby Chris_Savard on April 7th, 2014, 11:20 am

Jacob Dionne wrote:
Highlanders select RW - Charlie Coyle (Chris can you dress Coyle for Josh this week please).

FYI - coyle is a C and not a RW
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=84 ... nhl-search
Chris_Savard

Postby Jacob Dionne on April 7th, 2014, 11:59 am

Scratch the Coyle pick for Highlanders and he will take RW - Versteeg instead.
Jacob Dionne

Postby Josh Graham on April 7th, 2014, 6:23 pm

Beast is up! good luck to all in the last week of play. some interesting match ups to watch.
Josh Graham

Postby Mark McDonald on April 7th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Sorry boys was out of town and had no access to the site.
The beast take Left Winger Jeremy Morin from Chicago Black Hawks
Mark McDonald

Postby John Baird on April 8th, 2014, 11:51 am

The Oil Kings did not reply after receiving the notice at 8:17 pm that it was my turn to pick as by our rules the player chosen could not be used this week since I must submit my final roster by 6 pm. I believe that this March waiver pick should be dropped since all owners do not have an equal opportunity to choose and play the choice based on the time the pick is available to be made. Maybe this should apply for all months. My opposition this week had an opportunity to choose a player and dress him. I replied to Chris by email that my pick now being a waste that I will pick hockey hall of famer Jean Beliveau since he can do me as much good as the late pick. I was always a fan of his growing up. For the young owners who do not know him, his number 4 is hanging in the rafters at the Bell Centre and you can also check him out at the Hockey Hall of Fame.
GO HABS GO!
Owner and # 4 of the Oil Kings
John Baird

Postby Chris_Savard on April 8th, 2014, 12:16 pm

John Baird wrote:The Oil Kings did not reply after receiving the notice at 8:17 pm that it was my turn to pick as by our rules the player chosen could not be used this week since I must submit my final roster by 6 pm. I believe that this March waiver pick should be dropped since all owners do not have an equal opportunity to choose and play the choice based on the time the pick is available to be made. Maybe this should apply for all months. My opposition this week had an opportunity to choose a player and dress him. I replied to Chris by email that my pick now being a waste that I will pick hockey hall of famer Jean Beliveau since he can do me as much good as the late pick. I was always a fan of his growing up. For the young owners who do not know him, his number 4 is hanging in the rafters at the Bell Centre and you can also check him out at the Hockey Hall of Fame.
GO HABS GO!
Owner and # 4 of the Oil Kings

Very valid points John. It raises two issues - 1) What should the Waiver picks look like next season and 2) How do we deal with the March Waiver from this season.

Response:
1) WAIVER NEXT SEASON Over the summer we can look at modifying the Waiver draft according to the wishes of the majority.
2) MARCH WAIVER - i agree with John that it is unfair for some teams to be disadvantaged in this final, important week. That said we need to finish the waiver draft today. Secondly, for those five teams that were disadvantaged, they will be given the opportunity to sub in thier March waiver pick even though the deadline has passed. This only applies to OIL, BULL, OUT, MISS and ROUGH and they need to let me know before the start of the Wednesday games. I believe this is the fairest approach as these teams will still ahve the opportunity to get a healthy body if required and they also cant wait out the week to see which player doesnt score and then swap him out for a better guy. Time is tight, no vote will be taken.

The Bulldogs will be leaving their lineup as is.
Chris_Savard

Postby John Baird on April 8th, 2014, 12:31 pm

Based on the revised ruling the Oil Kings select David Deharnais Montreal Center and dress him to replace Brandon Pirri C Florida

John Baird
John Baird

PreviousNext

Return to CFHL General Discussion