Proposal for 2013-14 Season

This forum is for general postings related to the Cornwall Fantasy Hockey League.

Re: Proposal for 2013-14 Season

Postby Chris_Savard on April 12th, 2013, 10:33 pm

Thanks Joe...I will record you as AGAINST both proposals, as your explanation is the same as Marksmen and Grumpys for #1.
Chris_Savard

Postby Kevin Wilson on April 13th, 2013, 3:49 pm

BLADES

Proposal 1: In Favour
Proposal 2: In Favour
Kevin Wilson

Postby Chris_Savard on April 13th, 2013, 7:17 pm

Buds....

Hi Chris.

I am having a problem logging on to the forum. I am in favour of both
proposals.

Jerry
Chris_Savard

Postby John Parisien on April 14th, 2013, 8:38 pm

No to both proposals.
John Parisien

Postby Bubbah Smith on April 15th, 2013, 12:12 pm

No
Yes
Bubbah Smith

Postby Chris_Savard on April 15th, 2013, 7:59 pm

Oil Kings are NO - YES
Chris_Savard

Postby Chris_Savard on April 17th, 2013, 8:43 pm

We have now heard from 23 of 24 owners and there are sufficient votes in favour of both proposals. As such, both proposals are now CARRIED and the Constitution will be amended accordingly. Thanks boys....
Chris_Savard

Postby Chris_Savard on April 18th, 2013, 2:24 pm

Coyotes response....

Chris

I have been travelling and was not able to get through for the forum vote.

Although it has passed I will still register my vote as no for both. I will also register with my displeasure in what has evolved.

I am the first to deal with and accept change for improvement opportunities, however I have not convinced that some of these things are improvements. With that said, I am evaluating my continuation of being a GM.

I will let you know in due time as to my final decision.

DM
Chris_Savard

Postby Mark Des Cotes on April 19th, 2013, 1:54 pm

Since the vote regarding voting on the forum has passed I would like to propose an amendment.

Any proposal requiring a vote that is taking place on the forum must include a mandatory 7 day discussion period before a vote is taken. This would give us ample time to discuss, dispute and voice our opinion of the proposal and allow us to fine tune it before it goes to a vote.

Process would be as such:
1) GM makes a proposal requiring a vote
2) A second GM must second the proposal. At this time a 7 day discussion period would commence.
3) As per discussions/comments, the proposal may remain the same or be altered accordingly during the 7 day period.
Discussion period would end at 11:59pm on the 7th day after the motion was seconded.
4) The GM that originated the proposal has the final say on what will be voted on. He may keep the proposal as originally stated or alter it according to the discussion/comments that were received. He must state his intentions prior to the end of the discussion period.
5) At 12:00 am on the 8th day voting would begin on on the final (altered or unaltered) proposal issued by the originating GM using the standard voting rules (13 in favour needed to pass).

Although not as good as in person or via Skype I believe this method would be the next best thing and allow us time to think about a proposal before it is acted upon.

Will anyone second my proposal?
(The irony in this is that we do not need a 7 day discussion period for this vote since it's not in the rules yet)
Mark Des Cotes

Postby Glenn_Austen on April 19th, 2013, 3:36 pm

I will second Marks proposal.

Going forward, I am fine with the idea of delaying any votes on future proposals for a 1 week discussion period for the purposes of giving owners the chance to "hash out" the finer points of the proposal in question prior to casting their vote.

It might reduce owner dissension by permitting the opportunity for healthy debate, and thus an informed vote.

The other thing we may want to consider is to limit the time frame of when ideas can be submitted for vote (for example, we have one week in the Spring/Summer to submit items for vote, with votes due one week following the submission of the topic) so that we are not having to check the forum continually to see if there is something to vote on.

Glenn (X-Men)
Glenn_Austen

PreviousNext

Return to CFHL General Discussion