How do you like Burke now.

This forum is for general postings related to the Cornwall Fantasy Hockey League.

How do you like Burke now.

Postby Jacob Dionne on March 6th, 2013, 11:24 pm

I know many Leaf fans did not like Burke but I thought he did a good job considering what he started with.

How much praise would he be getting now after his boy Kadri is producing, JVR is becoming a nice power forward, he got Franson for near nothing, and for God sake Nonis better trade a D-man soon so Gardiner and come back up and play for the big boys. Ya, the Kessel trade could have gone a little better but he was top 10 in scoring last year and Lupul probably would have been if he was healthy for the season. And, he brought in Carlysle who seems to be possibly turning things around. I know I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Oh ya, Frattin too before he got hurt.
Jacob Dionne

Re: How do you like Burke now.

Postby Chris_Savard on March 6th, 2013, 11:31 pm

I have always been a fan of Brian Burke. I was disappointed to see him go.
Chris_Savard

Postby Frank McDonald on March 7th, 2013, 11:48 am

Leafs nation: I would wait a few more weeks before planning a parade. I think your team had a similar record last year and we know what happened. Once the hockey season is over, you can enter your team in the Ultimate Fight events, they are good at something.
Frank McDonald

Postby Chris_Savard on March 7th, 2013, 2:16 pm

Funny guy that Frank McDonald! LOL

I dont think anyone was planning a parade....just commenting on the fact that the Leafs success this year is attritubatle to the guy they canned. In these parts of the province I hear tons about how your Wings have made the playoffs for something like 167 years in a row. Back there it was about how many cups the Habs have won and how great they are.

Please let us enjoy still being in the playoff hunt this close to St. Paddy's Day! LOL It doesnt happen often!
Chris_Savard

Postby Jacob Dionne on March 7th, 2013, 4:17 pm

I like to look at is as...

24 games left and we are in 5th

NOT

Half way through the season and we are in fifth.

Don't worry, last year is still fresh in the back of my mind too!!! LOL
Jacob Dionne

Postby Mark Des Cotes on March 7th, 2013, 6:45 pm

What's sad is that when, not if, they make the playoffs it will be because of Burke not Nonis. His bringing in Carlysle, plus a few key players is what turned this team around. Burke might get some credit but it will be a case of too little, too late.
Mark Des Cotes

Return to CFHL General Discussion