Further suggested improvements to the site(s)

This forum is for general postings related to the Cornwall Fantasy Hockey League.

Further suggested improvements to the site(s)

Postby Dean Eastman on February 19th, 2013, 12:08 am

Hey there Chris,

You always ask if there is anything we GM's could suggest to improve the look of the site.

Seeing as I hardly ever make hockey trades (tongue in cheek), what would really help is on the trade comparison page for example.

It would be great if each team's record (W-L-T-OTL) could be attached to the team name. How does this help? You automatically can tell if the team you want to trade with is at the top of the standings or sitting nice in the basement.

Just food for thought.

Cheers,
me

aka - the Non Trader
Dean Eastman

Re: Further suggested improvements to the site(s)

Postby Chris_Savard on February 19th, 2013, 10:29 am

I think I can do this....let me play around with it for a bit. I will post (W-L-T) as there are no OTLs in our league - and it will be easier to do if we only have the three stats being pulled in.
Chris_Savard

Postby Chris_Savard on February 19th, 2013, 6:31 pm

Done.
Chris_Savard

Postby Dean Eastman on February 19th, 2013, 9:47 pm

Damn you're good...

Don't mean to make your head swell, but Damn that was fast...
Dean Eastman

Postby Chris_Savard on February 19th, 2013, 10:55 pm

Some requests are easier than others. This one was easy.
Chris_Savard

Postby Mark Des Cotes on February 20th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Hey Chris, I have another suggestion but I'm not sure how feasible it is. I would love to see an "all time roster" for each team. Ideally I'd love to have a list of every player that was ever on my team, listing the number of times they were activated, the date they were acquired, how they were acquired (draft, waiver, trade), date they left the team, how they left the team (drop or trade), points accumulated while on my team. And any other relevant information.

Other than the big names, I have a hard time remembering from year to year who I had on my team. I'd love to look at the list just to see what hot hands playing today I might have dropped or traded away for peanuts a few years ago.

Not sure if this is doable or not. You'd probably need a second server just to handle Dean's list alone.
Mark Des Cotes

Postby D'Arcy O'Connell on February 20th, 2013, 12:23 pm

Dean Eastman wrote:Damn you're good... Don't mean to make your head swell, but Damn that was fast...

-> THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!! :shock:
Image Image
D'Arcy O'Connell

Postby Chris_Savard on February 20th, 2013, 12:43 pm

Mark Des Cotes wrote:Hey Chris, I have another suggestion but I'm not sure how feasible it is. I would love to see an "all time roster" for each team. Ideally I'd love to have a list of every player that was ever on my team, listing the number of times they were activated, the date they were acquired, how they were acquired (draft, waiver, trade), date they left the team, how they left the team (drop or trade), points accumulated while on my team. And any other relevant information.

Other than the big names, I have a hard time remembering from year to year who I had on my team. I'd love to look at the list just to see what hot hands playing today I might have dropped or traded away for peanuts a few years ago.

Not sure if this is doable or not. You'd probably need a second server just to handle Dean's list alone.

Great suggestion and I think it would be a neat feature Mark. However, the way the DB is configured - that info is lost. For example -if Gretzky is on your team one of the fields is populated with MARK. Then you trade him to me - it gets change to BULL. Then I trade him to Dean - it gets changed to ICE. The DB wont remember all of those changes.

What is left forever is the "Recent Trades". Currently, the link on the site is for the current season and will auto change at the start of each season. I dont think I want to change that. I guess to dig deeper we can go thru the trade archive. Its neat to look back to the early seasons and see some of the names!

There is no way to remember in the db the guy that gets drafted, never traded and then dropped.
Chris_Savard

Postby Glenn_Austen on February 20th, 2013, 10:07 pm

I think the site is damn near perfect!That said, if there were one feature that would be on my wish list, it would be some form of live scoring. This is probably not doable without paying some form of premium, but it is neat in my CBS league to see head to head scoring as it happens.
That said, the CBS site is inferior in every other way to this one, so no biggie!
Glenn_Austen

Postby Chris_Savard on February 20th, 2013, 11:58 pm

Glenn Austen wrote: one feature that would be on my wish list, it would be some form of live scoring.

Like most things in life....it is possible with time and money or both.

Live feeds from the NHL are about $5,000 per year. The other option is for one of us to be inputting the goals and assists as they happen each night.

I agree it would be cool - but I dont see either happening anytime soon. I've looked into it....:(
Chris_Savard

Next

Return to CFHL General Discussion