CFHL Season a bust?

This forum is for general postings related to the Cornwall Fantasy Hockey League.

CFHL Season a bust?

Postby Mark Des Cotes on December 12th, 2012, 12:37 pm

Should a miracle happen and the NHL and NHLPA come to terms within the next few days and games resumed on Dec. 31 we would only be left with a 16 week season. I personally don't think that's enough for our league as not every team would be able to play every team. I'm ready to throw in the towel for the 2012-2013 CFHL season regardless of what happens with the lockout.

Opinions?
Mark Des Cotes

Re: CFHL Season a bust?

Postby Glenn_Austen on December 13th, 2012, 8:59 am

Good post Mark, but I am not so sure - while it will likely be a bit of a challenge to put together a schedule and a draft with what will likely be no more than a 2 week turnaround if the season is saved, I have faith we can get it done, and would be more inclined to give it a go.

For reference sake, just look to what we did for the last strike shortened season. That seemed to work fairly well given the circumstances as I recall.

If in fact we do have an NHL season, lets pull together and make sure we have a CFHL season too - as disillusioned as we all are likely to be with the hockey powers that be, I for one do miss it, and will welcome back the friendly competition and weekly CFHL matchups with open arms!

X-Men remain on standby!
Glenn_Austen

Re: CFHL Season a bust?

Postby Josh Graham on December 15th, 2012, 11:42 am

Even in a shortened NHL season, I still want to PLAY!

From what i'm reading, players have resigned to an early Jan. startup. I think most of these "newer" events we're seeing on TSN is all smoke and mirrors. The NHLPA's last crack at glory. Once a deal is signed, two weeks seems to be the time needed for these NHL clubs before a puck is even dropped.

We could play within our conference, much like the NHL will. Sure something could be voted on etc.

How is the search for a new GM(s)???? Been awlfully quiet lately.

My points being, I still want to play a shortened season. Let's find some GMs and when ready, skype the draft and get going......

merry xmas guys
Josh
Josh Graham

Return to CFHL General Discussion