Draft order for 2012-13 CFHL Entry Draft

This forum is for general postings related to the Cornwall Fantasy Hockey League.

Draft order for 2012-13 CFHL Entry Draft

Postby Chris_Savard on October 20th, 2012, 8:35 pm

1) Habs
2) Raiders
3) Spartans
4) Buds
5) Marksmen
6) Blades

7) Outlaws
8) Coyotes
9) Highlanders
10) MoonHeads
11) TBD (Ogres)
12) Ice MIners

13) Crusaders
14) Jackals
15) Oil Kings
16) MelonHeads
17) Puck Hogs
18) Grumpys

19) Frankfurters
20) Mission
21) X-Men
22) Fightin' Irish
23) Bulldogs
24) Beast
Chris_Savard

Re: Draft order for 2012-13 CFHL Entry Draft

Postby Frank McDonald on October 20th, 2012, 11:00 pm

Chris: with the search for a new manager it will be difficult to have everyone submit protected lists by Tuesday. As well there is no updated injury list nor are we aware of who may stay in Europe. I would rather start the league a week later and we would have a better opportunity to make informed decisions. After the hype last week are we any closer to having hockey on November 2.
Frank McDonald

Postby Glenn_Austen on October 21st, 2012, 11:31 am

Frank makes a good point - it is not like there is a rush to draft, especially when there is not set date for the NHL's return - I think that CFHL priorities should be

1) finding a replacement owner

2) updating the trade database and rosters

3) setting out the draft round by round including trades so that it is ready to roll when there is an agreement.

4) with regards to roster cut-downs, there is an awful lot of uncertainty re: who may not return from the KHL - I would hate to protect a player who after another month in the KHL and a cut to his NHL salary decides to remain in Russia.

Where there is really no rush to cut rosters to 11 as there is no imminent agreement (despite my earlier unfounded optimism) it might be wiser to wait.

Thoughts?
Glenn_Austen

Postby Chris_Savard on October 21st, 2012, 11:50 am

Thanks guys...I think we should wait and see how the next few days play out and then we can make a decision. In response to Glen's points:

1) There is one other owner who is on the bubble. Will hear before Tuesday. As such, I want to hear from everyone in terms of who is back - so that we conduct only one search.

2) Trade database will be updated....only a handful to go in and that should be done today. Mark and Murph have updated the rosters with trades, position changes, etc

3) This one is a ton of work and I always leave it to the end, so that I dont prepare it and then there are more trades after its done....as that leaves a better chance for errors. The draft order is posted in this thread, so GMs can figure out where they are in each round.

4) As mentioned, lets see how the next few days play out. I have received a couple of lists, but wont post them in case we push the deadline....wouldnt be fair to those who have already submitted.
Chris_Savard

Postby Josh Graham on October 21st, 2012, 2:05 pm

i'm good with any decision made with regard to a CFHL startup/draft date etc etc.

Nice to see the forum alive and kickin again. Thnx for your efforts Chris & gang.

Glenn, gotta believe that those NHL players on their European Vacation, will return run back to their teams/private jets/5*****hotels soon enough. I hear travelling on Siberian Air is a little rough this time of year....Ove and company are all talk and nothing more... :P

...if the lockout goes all year, then i'd worry a little, time will tell I guess.
Josh Graham

Postby Jacob Dionne on October 21st, 2012, 4:05 pm

I agree with waiting on the draft day to see where we are with GMs first. I think that is a priority.
Jacob Dionne

Return to CFHL General Discussion