Proposal - Change to Waiver Drafts

This forum is for general postings related to the Cornwall Fantasy Hockey League.

Re: Proposal - Change to Waiver Drafts

Postby Kelly Boisvenue on November 8th, 2018, 2:49 pm

I am neither in favor or against the ruling. I enjoy my participation in the league and I have been in this for a very long time. I am currently in three leagues as a couple of us are and I really enjoy donating money to all leagues. I just want to have fun and enjoy the comraderie, but sometimes people take it a little too far.
Kelly Boisvenue

Postby Chris_Savard on November 8th, 2018, 5:05 pm

From Moonheads -

I don't agree with the constitutional challenge. I do agree with the idea of no drops for the waivers and moving roster limits to 30 players.
Chris_Savard

Postby Pat Shane on November 8th, 2018, 5:23 pm

Its a terrific idea, but I believe it should be implemented next season...
Pat Shane

Postby Mitch_Zappitelli on November 8th, 2018, 6:45 pm

I vote yes to both and thank you, Chris, for all your hard work!
Mitch_Zappitelli

Postby Pat Shane on November 8th, 2018, 6:57 pm

Fellas... I am reversing my vote... Sorry.. But I quickly fired off a no earlier without much thought... I later had time to read ALL of the posts previously made, which I did not have the benefit of reading before... I apologize, but my thinking has changed and it is mostly based on the fact that I forgot that it is an ENORMOUS amount of work/time to run the league we all enjoy....I would not to have to do it..!
I have watched Chris' dad do an amazing job starting and running this league all the way back many years ago, and Chris has not only taken over and kept it afloat, he has taken it to an unbelievable level of excellence! I am voting yes on both bc when I boil it down, its the right thing to do.... I see the no side very clearly, but I have to support the statistician bc if it makes his life easier, then I am for it... I like the proposal... and if helps the league administrators by implementing sooner than later, then I support it.. Sorry for the long-winded explanation, but as I am changing my votes to yes, I wanted to explain my reasoning... Thx!
Pat Shane

Postby Josh Graham on November 8th, 2018, 7:39 pm

In the words of Al Bundy, "Let's Rock!"

High votes as fair and constitutional - now if I could only get back my November waiver from JD that would be great.

Good luck to all.

Draft accordingly people!

JG

...yup Richard, that Boeser deal was a sneaky one...but i'm getting the Bull's horns this week so we're even 8-)
Josh Graham

Postby Jean_Davignon on November 8th, 2018, 10:42 pm

Sorry guys for been so late in responding, but I’m on holiday in Florida and don’t have access to good internet. I did read all the comment and I’m in favor of making it easier on the statistician I say Yes to both

Jean
Jean_Davignon

Postby Chris_Savard on November 11th, 2018, 10:45 am

We have now heard from 23 of the 24 teams. The results won't change with the last vote, so we are going to move on.

The constitutional challenge was defeated 20-2 with 1 abstention.
The original proposal carried 16-6 with 1 abstention.
Results below.

I will now begin the process to modify the rosters to have 30 slots each.

Thanks Rick for the offer to work on the constitution but it is not a ton of work for me to do. In the coming weeks, I will add in this modification and work on some proposed language to address the summer meeting and other changes - for GM approval.

Chris_Savard

Previous

Return to CFHL General Discussion