From Russia with Love!

This forum is for ALL general hockey talk and GMs from all pools are encouraged to post general hockey thoughts and discussions here.

From Russia with Love!

Postby Glenn_Austen on January 5th, 2011, 11:38 pm

Ouch! What a shitty 3rd period of hockey for Team Canada! Weak goaltending and a total team collapse! Prettty disappointing finish to a decent game overall. Oh well, you can't win em all!
Kind of like a Sunday night point explosion by your opponent in the CFHL - don't I know all about that! Is Boisvenue by chance a Russian surname?
Glenn_Austen

Re: From Russia with Love!

Postby Chris_Savard on January 6th, 2011, 7:38 am

As Visentin said - we didnt win the Silver, we lost the Gold. Hard to argue with that!

I thought everyone new that Kelly's real name was Nikokelly Boisvenov? No? Maybe not.
Chris_Savard

Postby Dean Eastman on January 6th, 2011, 10:15 am

I for one will not be one of those Canadians who is going to criticize the boys too harshly. Yes, goaltending was suspect towards the end of the game, but this is a team sport as we all know and the team collectively had no steam left to compete with a big Russian club who are very strong skaters and were willing to take and give the hits.

Coach Dave Cameron compiled my kind of team, a gritty hard working club, however, the coach failed in not calling a timeout after the first Russian goal.

I am beating my chest this morning at work as i had a coworker attend both games yesterday which cost him $550 for the two tickets. I attended both semi-final games on Monday and only paid $230, but saw two amazing performances.

Guys, the building was hopping crazy on Monday night--it was a sea of red and white. HSBC Arena holds nearly 20,000 and i swear that on Monday night, there were nearly 19,000 screaming Canadian fans :).

It was one more thing I got to do to strike from my 'bucket list'. :)

Dean
Dean Eastman

Postby Josh Graham on January 6th, 2011, 3:59 pm

I was sure that Canada was going to steam-roll the Russians, but nyet nyet, not soooo fast. I would have called a time-out after it was 3-2, you could see it coming!! Visentin was crappy too. The boyz had no life/legs/ghusto left in them. I was thinking "we really need Eberle here"....imagine that line up including Hall-Seguin-Duchene-Skinner....

perhaps Gatorade should look into changing the name & secret formulae of their G2 drinks to G3....a drink just for THIRD periods! :twisted:

Dean, i'm jealous of u! but glad u had a good time. Jackals, are you glad I benched Goligoski this week. Son of ah..that's going to leave a mark!!

cheers all
Josh Graham

Return to Hot Stove Fantasy Forum