A new trade King?

This forum is for ALL general hockey talk and GMs from all pools are encouraged to post general hockey thoughts and discussions here.

A new trade King?

Postby Glenn_Austen on November 8th, 2010, 7:54 pm

Well Dean are you feeling the pressure yet? It appears that you have been surpassed by Chris as the trade champ! 10 trades - pretty impressive Chris!
Let's see how Dean responds!
Glenn_Austen

Re: A new trade King?

Postby Dean Eastman on November 9th, 2010, 11:31 am

Truth of the matter Glenn, I am glad Chris has taken over the reigns as the new 'trade master'. I want you guys to start taking me more seriously--(that will only happen, if i start winning some head-to-head matches).

I will be honest though. Announcing that Carlson was on the block made for great conversation and negotiations from a few GMs and i had a few blockbusters in place, but neither side could quite agree on the final block to make the trade work.

I gambled on the Lehner deal as I saw how consistent he was in the preseason and in the seasons prior to this, not to mention the numerous goaltending injuries in OTT. I gambled wrong and now the Buds have a nice 1st rd draft pick and I have an awesome AHLer to show for it.

That's what I love about this league, one can always gamble until the cows come home.

-----

Kudos to Chris for making so many deals--I don't think he's lost on too many of them. He's got a powerhouse squad of veterans and will be hard to knock down to third place in my division.

P.S. That was an absolute steal in getting Lecavalier for Kovalev--one guy at the end of his career, the other, a franchise player still in his prime. I see why Kevin made the offer, but geesh, guys shop around before pulling the trigger, you might be surprised who would be willing to pull the trigger on deals--yes, i am jealous because I had wanted Lecavalier too...
Dean Eastman

Postby Chris_Savard on November 9th, 2010, 11:48 am

Many of my trades have been made out of necessity - due to injury or poor performance. Lets hope, that my lineup can stay healthier!
Chris_Savard

Postby Chris_Savard on December 1st, 2010, 11:56 pm

Congratulations to the Ice Miners...they have now regained their rightful place as 'trade king'
Chris_Savard

Postby Dean Eastman on December 2nd, 2010, 10:05 am

and a few more if my gm comrades get back to me :)...Melonheads, my email keeps getting bounced back...
please contact me asap before my assets are gone :)...
Dean Eastman

Postby Frank McDonald on December 2nd, 2010, 4:37 pm

Dean: what assets are you talking about, except for a few 30 year olds your team looks like a daycare.
Let me know know what you have for sale.
Frank
Frank McDonald

Return to Hot Stove Fantasy Forum