Getzlaf signs eight year extension - Perry on the move?

This forum is for ALL general hockey talk and GMs from all pools are encouraged to post general hockey thoughts and discussions here.

Getzlaf signs eight year extension - Perry on the move?

Postby Chris_Savard on March 8th, 2013, 4:27 pm

The Anaheim Ducks signed captain Ryan Getzlaf to an eight-year contract extension that locks him up through the 2020-21 season.

The deal, worth a reported $66 million, will have an average cap hit of $8.25 million per year for the Ducks.

"This is a wonderful day for my family, as Anaheim has become our home," Getzlaf said on the team's website. "The fans here have treated me very well, and I look forward to being part of a winning hockey team and contributing to the Orange County community for years to come."

Getzlaf, who is in the final year of a five-year, $26.625 million contract, has nine goals and 27 points in 22 games this season.

"We are very happy to have Ryan committed to this franchise long-term," Ducks general manager Bob Murray said. "He has often expressed his interest to stay in Anaheim for his entire career, a goal we share."

In 534 career NHL games, all with the Ducks, the 27-year-old native of Regina has 146 goals and 499 points.
Chris_Savard

Return to Hot Stove Fantasy Forum