Versteeg for 1st and 3rd!

This forum is for ALL general hockey talk and GMs from all pools are encouraged to post general hockey thoughts and discussions here.

Versteeg for 1st and 3rd!

Postby Glenn_Austen on February 14th, 2011, 7:34 pm

Another decent trade for the re-building Leafs! Another 1st rounder, and cap space - what will Burkie do with it? I was kind of hoping for the Leafs sake they might use Versteeg to pry JVR from Philly, but they got a decent return for a decent player.
Thoughts from the suddenly very quiet forum?
Glenn_Austen

Re: Versteeg for 1st and 3rd!

Postby Pat Shane on February 14th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Hi Glenn...

If Versteeg helps the Flyers finally win the Cup, then it was worth it!! Go Flyers Go!!

Pat
Pat Shane

Postby Chris_Savard on February 15th, 2011, 9:54 am

as a Leafs fan, I am pleased with this trade. Versteeg never seemed to fit in Toronto and now these picks ease the Kessel pressure. Good trade by Burke.
Chris_Savard

Postby Mark Des Cotes on February 15th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Good trade. As Chris said in his article on OurHometown.ca Burk's plan was to change the Leafs in 3 to 5 years. We're only in year 2. I think he's going in the right direction and I expect to see more before the Feb 28th deadline. Having a 1st round pick again will ease things off in Leaf Nation. However It's a perception thing, being picked in the first round doesn't automatically make a star player. I expect to see more bodies shuffled around by Burk. And FWIW, I've always been fine with the Kessel deal.

Go Leafs
Mark Des Cotes

Return to Hot Stove Fantasy Forum