Add a Draft Lottery to the Constitution for 24-25 season

This forum is for general postings related to the Dynasty Fantasy Hockey League.

Re: Add a Draft Lottery to the Constitution for 24-25 season

Postby Glenn_Austen on January 19th, 2023, 7:03 am

Thanks for the shoutout Jacob. To be clear, the only reason this vote was put forth (not by me) is because one team employed a highly questionable strategy of lineup submission - had he not done so, the matter would in all likelihood never
have been put to vote (it has never come up as a matter for vote in our other leagues). Clearly the vote results so far indicate that I am not the only owner who would like to avoid a similar circumstance in the future.

Yes, I referenced the Vipers stats - because those stats and that strategy are problematic from a “tanking” perspective- something I believe we all wish to avoid moving forward. I like and respect Pat a great deal (we have been friends for over
2 decades)- but that does not mean I can condone or excuse actions I consider to be offside - friend or no. I believe my thoughts on the matter were communicated clearly and respectfully and that I have a right to voice an opinion on a league matter I consider important - let me know if you feel otherwise.
Glenn_Austen

Postby Richard_Tardiff on January 19th, 2023, 10:35 am

I have so many problems with Glenn's post...where to begin...

"To be clear, the only reason this vote was put forth (not by me)" is not for you to say. I proposed this rule change and you have no idea why but I will share it now. On January 2nd Glenn contacted me about an HHFL trade that would have me acquire an injured player and I quote "From the perspective of facilitating a push for Bedard". That is within the rules but pissed me off so I took some time to think on how to address that. I have bad teams at times but I NEVER tank.

"is because one team employed a highly questionable strategy of lineup submission - had he not done so, the matter would in all likelihood never have been put to vote" As stated above, you didn't propose it so don't put words in my mouth as to why I did. As stated above, it has NOTHING to do Pat, Vipers or even the DFHL. I feel much more ownership of the DFHL so I proposed it for this league first.

"(it has never come up as a matter for vote in our other leagues)" I finished the previous paragraph with a response to that. If it passes in the DFHL wait for it in others.

You are the one that is making this about Vipers. As stated in my email of, I accept Jacob's stated date, I had no issues with Vipers approach or rostering and that remains the case. This proposed rule has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH VIPERS in any way.

You are absolutely entitled to you opinion and to state it freely and openly. I'd hate to live in a bland world where everyone agrees on everything. What I do take exception to is your belief you have psychic abilities to KNOW what my motivations are on ANY subject. I can assure you sir that you have no insight into my thinking in any way. I will also reiterate and thank you to refrain from putting words in my mouth in future posts. You can speak to your intentions and beliefs but in no way should you STATE to know my intentions in any way.

Rangers amended post is accepted as being in favor of the motion.
Richard_Tardiff

Postby Richard_Tardiff on January 19th, 2023, 11:02 am

Terriers are for the motion.

Charles.

That makes 10 votes in favor...motion passes.

1. Ruffians
2. Rangers
3. Ice Dragons
4. Blue Jays
5. Liberty
6. Gladiators
7. Travellers
8. Rustlers
9. Bounty Hunters
10. Terriers
Richard_Tardiff

Postby Jacob Dionne on January 19th, 2023, 12:06 pm

@Glenn

You have every right to have an opinion. As Rick stated, it is primarily based on assumptions. I did not vote in favour for the same reason you did. I don’t know about others. I’ll leave it a that.
Last edited by Jacob Dionne on January 19th, 2023, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacob Dionne

Postby Mark Des Cotes on January 19th, 2023, 12:06 pm

I know the motion has already passed, but for the record, Wyverns are against it.

I see no reason to have a lottery to determine the first pick. We've never had one in any other league, and it's never been a problem. But the league voted it in, so I look forward to embracing the change.

I know Pat's team has been mentioned as a catalyst. Whether it is or not, as far as I'm concerned, Pat has done nothing wrong. The constitution states, "It is understood that the owners will submit and dress their most competitive line-up each and every week."

You cannot argue that Pat isn't dressing his most competitive lineup. Nowhere does it say that lineup must be in the major league. Dressing his most competitive line-up in the minor league is a strategy Pat chose, and it's working for him. If this strategy lands him Bedard in the upcoming draft, so be it. Hats off to him for his out-of-the-box thinking. But as stated previously, landing a generational player doesn't guarantee wins. In my opinion, Pat is still a long way from being a contender in this league. But knowing him, he has a strategy in mind. I can't wait to see what it is.

The DFHL is a dynasty keeper league, which is new for most of us. Strategies used in other leagues may not work as well here. Only time will tell.

I look forward to seeing how things grow and progress in the years to come.

It's only a game. Let's all have fun.
Mark Des Cotes

Postby Josh Graham on January 19th, 2023, 9:29 pm

Solid read boys. Thanks for keeping this discussion civil.

I would like to see this proposal moved forward in all leagues. I will keep my post short and sweet. The vote may not matter but I echo Chris's sentiments.

MOTION AS IS = IN FAVOUR
EARLIER DATE = OPPOSED

If Bedard lands in Chicago, he's year's away from major production lol. If he lands with my Zegras (in other leagues) on the left coast - well then...giddy up! :twisted: If one doesn't land Bedard, one could always trade for him. I'm hearing Michkov might be generational too.

Mark said it best I think....
Josh Graham

Postby Pat Shane on February 8th, 2023, 6:09 pm

Vipers IN FAVOUR
Pat Shane

Previous

Return to DFHL General Discussion