22-23 Year-1 Draft

This forum is for general postings related to the Dynasty Fantasy Hockey League.

22-23 Year-1 Draft

Postby Richard_Tardiff on July 13th, 2022, 10:38 am

Hello everyone,

We have a last minute replacement for Mark so he can grieve in peace. The newcomer underwent a GRUELLING vetting process by Chris and I to ensure a proper fit. We think we have the right man: Josh Graham! LOLOL Welcome Josh, thanks for filling in on very short notice. If you have any questions feel free to call me, probably easier verbally than texting but your choice. Josh and Chris were working on logos and team name, once they have something we’ll announce it to the pool. For the moment, Josh has the JASON picks.

It’s about 12 weeks to the start of the regular season. If we can get about 4 rounds done per week we’ll make it. The HHFL did 240 picks in 4 weeks, that’s a pace of 720 picks (or 45 rounds with 16 of us) in 12 weeks, even if we have a few late rounds left once the season begins it will be prospects and depth players…we can just continue. I think people will run out of cap space before running out of roster space, meaning the draft won’t be 50 rounds for everyone.

When you make a pick, post it in the forum and then text the next person, or text me and I will. We all have to work and have lives so I’m not putting any kind of time limit on making picks but we have 800 to make in total, so if you can make a pick quickly please do so. I know some of us have a lot more flexibility to do this at work and others won’t. Just do your best to be quick. If someone can’t make a pick in 24 hours though, I would contact them and possibly move on. If anyone thinks that is unreasonable, let me know, but we do need to keep some flow going.

The draft board is available in the PLAYER INFO drop down, select 22-23 Entry Draft. Link: http://www.hometownhockey.ca/fantasy/df ... raft22-23/

In the contact list, do note that we have teams called the Dragons and Ice Dragons, make sure you contact the right one and Mark/Dave, you maybe want to keep an eye that it is in fact your pick and notify each other when there’s mistakes.

Contact list:

Aviators - Dean Eastman
Blue Jays - Jeff Bradshaw
Bounty Hunters - Jacob Dionne
Dragons - Mark Des Cotes
Excalibur – Josh Graham
Gladiators - Jean Davignon
Ice Dragons - David Murphy
Liberty - Greg Nolan
Privateers - Chris Savard
Rangers - Glenn Austen
Ruffians - Rick Tardif
Rustlers - Dan Hebert
Travellers - John Baird
Triumph - Lorne Taillon
Vipers - Pat Shane
Wolfpack - Kelly Boisvenue

Alrighty then…Friday morning, I’m sure well before 8am, Privateers will pick and text the next person or me…the FUN begins!

Any questions, concerns or issues just text me, it’s the quickest response you’ll get and I need to stay on top of things to keep the draft flowing as best we can.

Rick
Ruffians
Richard_Tardiff

Re: 22-23 Year-1 Draft

Postby Richard_Tardiff on July 13th, 2022, 10:47 am

We have a trade to announce.
- To Privateers: the #16 pick in this draft
- To Ruffians: the #48, 64 and 79 in this draft.

The Ruffians are:
- Shopping the #23 pick for a similar package.
- Offering 6th, 8th and 10th (#81, #115, #147) to move up. Let me know what single pick you'd offer.
- Offering 7th, 9th and 11th (#109, #141, #172) to move up. Let me know what single pick you'd offer.
Richard_Tardiff

Postby Chris_Savard on July 15th, 2022, 7:19 am

The Stoney Point Privateers would like to thank Rick Tardif for his vision and hard work in creating the Dynasty Fantasy Hockey League.

We would like to wish all franchises the best of luck in this inaugural season.

Huge shout out to our fans at the Draft Party at the Stoney Point Sportsman's Club.

With the first ever pick in DFHL history, the Privateers are pleased to select from the Edmonton Oilers - Connor McDavid.

The Ice Dragons are on the clock.
Chris_Savard

Postby David_Murphy on July 15th, 2022, 7:34 am

For our first ever selection, the Ice Dragons are pleased to select C - from the Toronto Maple Leafs Auston Matthews.
David_Murphy

Postby Dan_Hebert on July 15th, 2022, 9:17 am

Leon Draisaitl, C, Edm
Dan_Hebert

Postby John Baird on July 15th, 2022, 9:23 am

Travelers pick Defence Makar from Colorado
John Baird

Postby Jacob Dionne on July 15th, 2022, 9:44 am

The Bounty Hunters have successfully captured Igor Shesterkin of the NYR.
Jacob Dionne

Postby Chris_Savard on July 15th, 2022, 9:47 am

With the 6th overall pick, the Privateers are proud to select - from the Colorado Avalanche - Nathan MacKinnon
Chris_Savard

Postby Lorne Taillon on July 15th, 2022, 3:23 pm

Sorry for delay gentlemen, Mitch Marner is the first selection of Triumph. Good luck to all GM's.
Lorne Taillon

Postby Pat Shane on July 15th, 2022, 3:38 pm

With the 8th pick in the 1st Round, the Vipers select C-Jack Hughes-New Jersey Devils!
Pat Shane

Next

Return to DFHL General Discussion