Roster sizes and waiver picks

This forum is for general postings related to the Dynasty Fantasy Hockey League.

Roster sizes and waiver picks

Postby Richard_Tardiff on January 9th, 2022, 11:19 am

Edit: Changed the word Prospect to Farm system. Prospect was confusing people and not the accurate term.

Those 2 topics go hand in hand in my view. We want as many players in play as we care to manage since there's no annual entry draft. To not have a 45 round draft this summer I propose we stock our Active and Bench rosters and add our Farm system via waiver drafts during the season.

To simulate a typical NHL roster, I want top use a 23 player active roster that is cap compliant: 4 each LW, C, RW with 7 D and 2 G. This roster is the default for weekly matchups, I plan on setting the site to automatically populate the next week with selections from the current week so we never see blank entries.

The Bench would be like the current taxi squad...maybe we should use that name too...these are players you can call up weekly to replace active players for whatever reason. 9 players of any position that do not count against the cap. Each week you can call up anyone from this roster if desired. I like this because it removes any issues over LTIR.

That would give us a 30 round draft this summer. I think that's palatable. Then at the waiver drafts, I suggest we take 3 players each at each of the 6 waiver drafts this season so that the last one we already have 15 Farm system players and would need to cut as we draft for the 6th.

Active (cap): 23 (4 each LW, C, RW with 7 D and 2 G)
Bench (no cap) : 9 (any position)
Farm system: 15 (any position)

1. Rick Tardif Russell Ruffians Yea
2. Chris Savard
3. Greg Nolan
4. David Murphy
5. Dan Hebert
6. Kelly Boisvenue
7. Jean Davignon
8. Mark Des Cotes
9. John Baird
10. Glenn Austen
11. Lorne Taillon
12. Jacob Dionne
13. Dean Eastman
14. Pat Shane
15. Jeff Bradshaw

Vote count: 1 yea 0 nay 0 abstain
Last edited by Richard_Tardiff on January 13th, 2022, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard_Tardiff

Re: Roster sizes and waiver picks

Postby Jean_Davignon on January 9th, 2022, 3:50 pm

My vote is Yae.

Jean
Jean_Davignon

Postby Dan_Hebert on January 10th, 2022, 1:03 pm

yes
Dan_Hebert

Postby Mark Des Cotes on January 10th, 2022, 3:53 pm

I'm a bit confused on the "Prospects." Are we able to play them or are they prospects for future years?
Mark Des Cotes

Return to DFHL General Discussion