End of 23-24 season long winded message

This forum is for general postings related to the Dynasty Fantasy Hockey League.

End of 23-24 season long winded message

Postby Richard_Tardiff on April 23rd, 2024, 7:55 am

Good morning fellow DFHL GMs,

In this message:
1. Standings are final, tie breaks explained.
2. Draft order, subject to the Draft Lottery at 7PM May 1st.
3. Divisional alignment for 24-25 season.
4. Summer cuts and Waiver claim dates.
5. 24-25 Entry draft.

If there are any questions about any of these statements let me know by the end of April. I have set some dates but if there are conflicts for people let me know and they could change as required to accommodate people’s schedules.

1. Standings are final, tie breaks explained.

The NHL has made no changes to the stats as posted last week, the standings are final. CONGRATS to Bounty Hunters on winning the 2024 DFHL cup!!!

Standings are as posted on the website except for:
- Travellers finish 12th ahead of Aviators 13th. They split their season (wk4 and 16) series but Travellers outscored Aviators 75 to 67.
- Rangers finish 14th ahead of Terriers 15th. They split their season (wk5 and 17) series but Rangers outscored Terriers 55 to 54.

In the minors:
- Empire finish 4th (as shown) ahead of Olympiques 5th by winning both matches (wk6 and 18) against Olympiques.
- Centurions finish 7th ahead of Argos 8th. They split their season (wk4 and 16) series but Centurions outscored Argos 19 to 18.
- Inbreds finish 11th (as shown) ahead of Union 12th. The single h2h match in wk15 was tied, the next tie braker is PF, 253 to 179.

2. Draft order, subject to the Draft Lottery.

Draft Lottery date: Wednesday May 1st at 7PM. Chris will send a Zoom meeting request to everyone.

Standings for draft purposes. Seeds 12-16 are subject to the draft lottery for picks 1-5 (order set according to lottery results):
1. Wolfpack (30%)
2. Travellers (10%)
3. Rangers (20%)
4. Aviators (15%)
5. Terriers (25%)

6. Vipers
7. Wyverns
8. Ice Dragons
9. Excalibur
10. Ruffians
11. Triumph
12. Blue Jays
13. Liberty
14. Gladiators
15. Rustlers
16. Bounty Hunters

3. Divisional alignment for 24-25 season.

Divisional alignment for 24-25 season. Divisional winners are seeded 1-4 then sorted:

Bower: Bounty Hunters – Excalibur – Ice Dragons – Wolfpack
Lemieux: Rustlers – Triumph – Wyverns – Terriers
Beliveau: Gladiators – Blue Jays – Vipers – Rangers
Neilsen: Ruffians – Liberty – Travellers – Aviators

4. Summer cuts and Waiver claim date

Cap compliant rosters are due September 8th. All players cut over the summer will be left in a waivers pool for claim by 11:59PM Sunday September 15th. Players released on the 16th to make space for successful waiver claims would be on 24-hour waivers for claim by 11:59PM September 17th. If more players are released the 17th and beyond, another 24-hour waiver claim period will be allotted until no players are claimed.

5. 24-25 Entry draft.

The Entry Draft would commence 7PM September 18th.

As I said earlier, if these dates conflict with anyone’s schedule let me know and we’ll adjust as needed.

Go Jets!

Rick
Ruffians
Richard_Tardiff

Return to DFHL General Discussion